My Heartfelt Congrats to them and wish they win the series 7-0 !!
Some points to ponder:
* After 3 1/2 years, India has won a one-day series at home. The last one was vs Zim, early 2002; they lost to WI in 2002 and Pak early this year.
* Batting first or second doesnt make any difference to this team; 3 of 4 victories came while chasing.
* Pretty much everyone has contributed to the victories though stand-out batsmen were Dhoni, Dravid and Sachin while bowlers were Agarkar, Irfan and Harbhajan.
* The body language of Indian players is soo different and positive.. I am hopeful of brighter time ahead for this team.
* All the batsmen are shot-makers (with 80+ strike rate), which ensures that never run-rate drops alarmingly; this ensures constant pressure on the Lankan bowlers.
* Thanks to the four consecutive victories, India and Srilanka have equal share of victories in the Ind v SL matches for the past 10 years.
* If one looks closely in terms of domination of one team over the other in the last 11 years, this is how it is:
India - '94, '95, '98, '99, '02, '03;Srilanka - '96, '97, 2000, '01, '04.
If we win atleast 2 of the remaining matches, then this year would go to us; if not, I would give it to Srilanka, since they defeated in a triangular series in July.