Aug 14, 2005

Working with idiots

When I joined UF, in the first-aid box right behind my fume cupboard, was stuck this piece from a newspaper entitled "Working With Idiots Can Kill You! ". (In case the link doesnt work, pl. click here). An interesting piece.. the problem with me was that, after reading that, I used to get more tense when somebody did something stupid.. Then I sat down and thought that, 'mmm.. may be not everybody can be smart in everything.. As someone did something idiotic just now, may be I will do/have done badly to someone else too..' so, two things I decided were: a) Try not to do anything stupid and b) If someone does something obviously idiotic, be happy that I am more intelligent than him/her..

The best (or worst, for the concerned persons) from the article is


A man told us he collapsed right at his desk because the woman at the next cubicle kept asking him for correction fluid -- for her computer monitor.


Enjoy reading and Have a good weekend, friends !!!

9 comments:

tt_giant said...

Yea GP. I find it difficult to tolerate stupidity. But I am getting better now (in tolerance, that is!).

What happened to your blog title? Why did you change it?

Raju said...

Getting better, huh?

Got bored by the title.. thats why.. may be sometime soon I will come up with a different one.. i see that there is already atleast one more 'Reflections' around..

Narayanan Venkitu said...

The link doesn't work my friend.!

Interesting ....lines ' Man collapsing'. Would like to read..!

tt_giant said...

Narayanan: the link seems fine..

Raju said...

Narayanan, links work in both Explorer and Mozilla..

Narayanan Venkitu said...

Oops...Something is wrong here.

This is what I get:

Sorry, the page you requested was not found.

Balaji said...

the link doesn't work for me either(IE). I get a 'page not found'.
btw, the image was hilarious. had a good laugh :)

Raju said...

Narayanan and Balaji, I have given another link to that.. Plz. check out...

Ram C said...

enjoyed it very much.. particularly the last few lines. sometimes others make us more intelligent.... that's true.