Came across this e-mail forward long ago. Had a good laugh at it first, then realized
"Hey, I am also supposedly in the 'wrong' side". Now, I am trying to defend all those NRI's, esp. from US..
The 'accusations' are in white and my response in yellow.
Top 21 things an Indian does after returning to India from "US".
Reminds of Madhavan from Anbe Sivam? Dabbunna cardu, maamu.. Yaaru kanda.. cash kodutha kevalama parthalum paappango.. India munnerittu irukupa..
21.Tries to use credit card in road side hotel.
20. Drinks and carries mineral water and always speaks of health conscious.
mm... enga kashtam engalukku.. Kandadhai saptu valvu pudungiduchunna azhuvuradhu yaru?
19. Sprays deo such so that he doesn't need to take bath.
Idhai IRI's panradhillaiya?
18. Sneezes and says 'Excuse me'.
17. Says "Hey" instead of "Hi". Says "Yogurt" instead says "Curds". Says "Cab" instead of "Taxi". Says
"Candy" instead of "Chocolate". Says "Cookie" instead of "Biscuit". Says "Free Way" instead of "Highway".
Says "got to go" instead of "Have to go". Says "Oh" instead of "Zero", (for 704, says Seven Oh Four
Instead of Seven Zero Four)
Adhellam pazhakka dhosham.. Lift-ai koodathan Elevator-nu solluvom.. If you are in Rome, you have to be a Roman, no?
16. Doesn't forget to crib about air pollution. Keeps cribbing everytime he steps out.
Enna panradhu? Appadi keduthu vachirukkom namma... Kinathu thavalaiya irundha appadithan theriyum.. Konjam
pollution-ai control-le vaingappa..
15. Says all the distances in Miles (Not in Kilo Meters), and counts in Millions. (Not in Lakhs)
Inge vandhappo naanga patta avadhi engalukkuthaaney theriyum..
14. Tries to figure all the prices in Dollars as far as possible (but deep down the heart multiplies by 43).
heheheh... adhellam NRIconomics..
13. Tries to see the % of fat on the cover of a milk pocket.
Paal kudikkira ellarum Dhoni madhiri irukka mudiyuma.. konjam gavanikkama vutta appuram David Boon madhiri agavendiyadhudhan.. 0% fat kanna..
12. When need to say Z (zed), never says Z (Zed), repeats "Zee" several times, if the other person unable to
get, then says X, Y Zee(but never says Zed)
Zee TV, Zee TV-nnu onnu irukkey.. adhu endha naatulengo?
11. Writes date as MM/DD/YYYY, on watching traditional DD/MM/YYYY, says "Oh! British Style!!!!"
Appadi panna too much.. I still write in my personal notes using 'British style'.
10. Makes fun of Indian Standard Time and Indian Road Conditions.
Pinne.. IST=Indian Stretchable Time-nu ayiduchey.. Our railway minister says our trains are on time 99.8%.. do u agree? I think he is converting six sigma to stretchable sigma.. :-)
Roads? Idhai velinattule irundhu vandhu naanga fun pannanuma? Medavakkam high road-le travel panni ennoda backbone poye pochu...
9. Even after 2 months, complaints about "Jet Lag".
Appadi pannaa thookka maathirai koduthu padukka vainga... "Toooo much" category..
8. Avoids eating more chili (hot) stuff.
Again valvu problem... Namma kashtam nammalukku...
7. Tries to drink "Diet Coke", instead of Normal Coke.
Edhai kudicha enna, Coke-na coke-dhaaney.. Neenga ulloor goli soda-vukku badhila coke kudikkalam... naanga coke-ku badhila diet coke kudikka koodatha? Idhu enna gnayam?
6. Tries to complain about any thing in India as if he is experiencing it for the first time.
Heard of Mullah's "Camel in a tent" story? Nalla vishayathai sonna adhu thappa theriyudhu.. mm..
5. Pronounces "schedule" as "skejule", and "module" as "mojule".
Again, Rome-Roman thing.. namma accent-ai vachu inge Americans-ai paada paduthunadhu yarukku theriyum?
4. Looks speciously towards Hotel/Dhaba food.
Coke, pepsi-leye insecticides, germs ellam irukku... Dhaba food-na kekkanuma? joot..
Few more important
3. From the luggage bag, does not remove the stickers of Airways by which he traveled back to India,
even after 4 months of arrival.
Adhu sari.. Chennai to Bangalore Jet airways travel pannaley adhai neenga kazhatta maattenga.. naanga edhukku velai menakettu stickers ellam kizhikkanum? Enna, vayitherichala? Adhoda, andha stickers-ellam romba strong-ana glue kannu.. kashtappattu cut pannanum.. yaarukku time irukku? enn, kannai uruthudha?
2. Takes the cabin luggage bag to short visits in India, tries to roll the bag on Indian Roads.
Pazhakka dhosham.. Luggage adura aattathule kaiyile thookktitu nadappanga.. vere vazhi?
1. Tries to begin conversation with "In US ...." or "When I was in US..."
When I talk to anyone returning from India, the conversation starts with "In India.." or "When I was in India...".. We miss India, dudes..
Check out the blogs of the Indians living in US... Atleast one post would be on how much they miss India.. And those who are just about to leave to India, one can see how happy he/she gets on visiting our country.. And the enthu while coming back will be far less.. unless there is a family waiting here or something. Contrary to what Indians think, we miss India more than we would miss US if and when we are in India.